Panchkuti dal recipe is a dish made with the combination of five exotic legumes or dals. All kinds of pulses have its own benefits. Dals or legumes have numerous nutrients in them. All the legumes are a rich source of proteins, carbohydrates and fibre. Due to this dals are extremely healthy for the heart patients.
Check out the recipe of Panchkuti dal and do give it a try.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Urad dal- 2tbsp
- Toor dal- 2tbsp
- Moong dal- 2tbsp
- Masoor dal- 2tbsp
- Chana dal- 2tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Cinnamon stick- 1
- Cloves- 2
- Curry leaves- 5
- Dry red chilli- 1
- Garlic- 5-6 cloves (chopped)
- Tomatoes- 2 (finely chopped)
- Garam masala- ½ tsp Salt- as per taste
- Lemon juice- 1tbsp
- Coriander leaves- 1tbsp (chopped)
- Oil- 1tbsp Water- 2 cups
1. Wash all the dals properly with water.
2. Pressure cook the dal with water and salt. Wait for 3 whistles to blow.
3. Heat oil in a pan and fry the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, red chilli, cinnamon, cloves for about 2 minutes.
4. Then add the chopped garlic and fry for a minute.
5. Add the tomatoes, garam masala, lemon juice and the boiled dals.
6. Mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
7. Once done, switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
The exceptionally delicious and healthy panchkuti dal is ready to be served. Enjoy it with steamed or fried rice.