- 12 cups(1 large bowl) loosely packed torn kale, silverbeet (rainbow chard) and baby spinach leaves (I use mainly kale leaves, and remove the veins)
- 2 cupshomemade croutons
- ½roast or barbecue chicken, meat sliced
- shaved Parmesan, to serve (optional)
Caesar salad dressing
- 110 mlGreek-style yoghurt
- 3 tspred wine vinegar
- 6anchovies in oil, drained
- 3 tspWorcestershire sauce
- 1 tspDijon mustard
- 1½ tbspbasil pesto
- 3 tsplemon juice
- 40 g Parmesan, grated
- 45 mlolive oil
- pepper, to taste
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a small food processor and process to combine. Alternatively, if you are making it by hand, grind the anchovies to a paste, then combine with the remaining ingredients (see Note).
Place the kale, silverbeet and spinach in a large bowl, pour over the dressing and toss to coat. Allow to stand for 3 minutes to slightly soften and wilt the leaves. Add the croutons and toss to coat.
Tip the salad onto a serving platter or large bowl and top with the sliced roast chicken. Scatter with shaved Parmesan, if desired, and serve.