SURPRISING HEALTH BENEFITS OF BASMATI RICE GOLD
- Provides excellent nutrition
- Low calorie and high in fibre helps in maintaining health
- Low glycemic index makes it suitable for diabetics
- The fiber content helps in overcoming constipation
- Helps in prevention oh haemorrhoids
NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF 1 CUP OF COOKED BASMATI RICE GOLD
- About 3/4 cup basmati rice contains 150 calories.
- A cup of cooked basmati rice contains 35 grams of carbohydrates.
- Basmati rice is low-fat, low-cholesterol food.
- Protein from basmati rice contains eight essential amino acids. Basmati containing 10 percent RDA for protein per cup of rice.
- Vitamins and Minerals. Basmati rice contains thiamin and niacin, two vitamin B that very valuable for metabolism. A cup of basmati rice contains 6% of your iron daily value, 15 percent of the RDA for niacin, essential for proper blood circulation and digestion. Vitamin B6 helps the body’s metabolic functions and can prevent cardiovascular disease. Vitamin B1 in basmati rice ensures production of red blood cells and helps the normal functioning of the nervous system. Riboflavin, Pantothenic acid, folate and biotin supplement your vitamin B requirements. Other vitamins including vitamin E antioxidant, vitamin K for blood clotting, and iron for red blood cell maintenance.
- Other Nutrient. One cup of cooked basmati containing magnesium 21 percent RDA, calcium 19.50 mg, potassium 83.85 mg, copper 0.20 mg, and zinc 1.23 mg.